Felt for Padding and Oil Retention SAE F-7 Felt is a heavy-duty felt with 80% wool content. Due to its high density, F-7 is resilient enough to handle constant impact, pressure, and movement. This is why we recommend it for vibration mountings, grease retainer washers, wipers, and dust shields in automotive parts. This felt is also an ideal material for grease retainer washers and wicks, due to its excellent oil absorption and retention. These sample sizes allow you to select the right grade before buying a larger order, or add to your swatch library.
Are you an artist, designer or architect? If your project requires color consistency and a premium finish we recommend using our designer felts.
Please note: Our industrial felts are made with wool that comes from free roaming sheep. Although felt is washed and carbonized there may be some vegetable matter and other debris lingering in the coat. Due to the natural origin of the material slight color variation will occur from lot to lot. Sheep hair comes in a variety of beige and gray tones, making it difficult to guarantee consistent color between rolls without dying the material.
Specs Content: Minimum 80% wool fiber. Color: Natural Gray. Quantity: 3 pieces. Dimensions: 3 x 3 inches (76.2 x 76.2mm). Thicknesses: 1/8 inch (3.2mm), 1/4 inch (6.35mm), and 1/2 inch (12.7mm). Density: Medium-High, 0.25-0.27 g/cm³ (421.4-455 lb/yd³). Features: Heavy-duty, firm and pliable. Advantages: High resilience, retains shape under constant vibration and impact, good grease and oil retention. Applications: Ankle holster backing, boat trailer, boot liners, cargo van protector, ceiling felt, electric keyboard felt, etching press, furniture backing, furniture protector pads (under 1,000 lbs), glass cutting table (if black), gun cleaning, log carrying bag, log home window felt, oiling machines in bowling alleys, pin board, potato washer equipment, rug, seat cushion, shelf lining, to seal drafts, shot peening machine, sound deadening, wicking and grease retention, and writing desks/mats. Industries served: Automotive, boating, construction, cottage, gun and firearm, interior design, machinery components, music, oil, printing, and sports.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with any of our products, you may return them to us in their original condition within 30 days from the date you received the shipment. However, The Felt Store return procedures must be followed for us to refund the full transaction price, less shipping and handling (shipping & handling are not refundable).
You can pack and send your return in just a few simple steps:
2. Once you have received your RAC, pack the items securely in a box and insert a copy of your packing slip. Write the Ship-To Address and the RAC on the box.
US Return Address:
The Felt Store Inc. 1971 Abbott Rd BAY 2 Lackawanna, NY 14218
Canadian Return Address:
The Felt Store Inc. 2541 Wharton Glen Avenue Mississauga, Ontario L4X 2A8
3. Drop the package off at your local post office or your preferred carrier's location
- Custom made products are not eligible for returns unless they were not made to the agreed-upon specifications.
- The customer is responsible for the return shipping.
- We will refund the purchase price less shipping, if the item is returned to us within 30 days from the delivery date for the order.
- Orders exceeding $800 USD less shipping, will be subject to a 10% re-stocking fee of the item value.
- The Felt Store has the right to refuse the return of items if the package is opened, package/item is damaged, or the item is not the original product shipped. We endeavor to be fair, but we must refuse to refund used or damaged products.