Starting off with the leaf that is the indication of fall the maple leaf. Below is a full tutorial on how to re-make this felt trivet.
- Maple Leaf Template
- Acrylic Felt - Orange
- Acrylic Felt - Hunter Green
- DMC Floss (any color close to the Hunter Green)
1. Use the leaf pattern to cut the shape of the maple leaf onto the Orange felt.
2. Pin vein pattern on the left side and cut. Flip it over and pin it to the right side and cut. You should be left with something like this the image below.
3. Now take 2 piece of Hunter Green and place it together. Pin your outlined maple leaf onto the hunter green and trim widely around edges. You'll eventually cut it down closer to the edges (but this will happen after stitching is complete).
4. Start stitching veins first following the natural edges and using a simple straight stitch.
5. Once you've stitched the entire yellow leaf shape, trim the brown felt down nicely down to the brown edges.
6. Blanket stitch the outside edges of the two brown felts together.
Want to learn how to make the other felt trivets? Click the image below for the full diy's!