Are you a fan of simple and clean décor? Are you looking for a way to use your felt remnants? Do you love easy and fast DIY projects?
Look no further then this tutorial! Follow these step-by-step instructions to whip up a lovely little catch-all felt box that will look stylish wherever you place it. Fast, easy, and resizable, you can use this template to create key bowls, office organizers, or jewelry holders.Materials
- PDF Template
- Designer Wool Felt
- Leather Cording
- Leather Hole Punch
- Rotary Cutter or Sharp Sewing Scissors
- Masking tape
- Self-healing Mat
1. Download and print out the provided template. Tape the side pieces to the middle piece to create the full pattern.
2. Use masking tape to hold the template securely on the Designer Wool Felt.
3. Use your rotary cutter or sewing scissors to cut out your box piece. We recommend rotary cutters over scissors, as the edges will be smoother.
4. Use your leather hole punch to create a hole on each of the rounded ends of your box pattern.
5. Measure out 18 inches of leather cording, and tie a knot with the ends. Thread your leather loop through the holes on one side of your box, looping the open end over the knot to create a stable ‘wall’. Repeat the process on the other side to finish your box.
Let us know how you use your felt box by tagging us @the_felt_store on Instagram and @thefeltstore on Facebook!