Going back to school doesn't always have to be all work no play. Make the beginning of their school year more magical with these DIY Mermaid Tail felt pencil toppers!
- Premium Wool Blend Craft Felt Assorted Sheets
- Embroidery floss and needle
- Jumbo Glitter Sample Pack
- Fabric/craft glue (Dries clear)
1. Using the mermaid tail template, cut out 2 mermaid tails for each color.
2. Make a small mark for the opening of your pencil so that you don’t accidentally sew it shut.
3. Using the backstitch, stitch out the tail detail on either one side or both.
4. Sew the 2 tails of the same color together using the blanket stitch.
5. Glue on some jumbo glitter to add sparkle to the tail. This is where using a toothpick or even tweezers will come in handy.
Note: When printing template, DO NOT scale image.
Show off your creations with #thefeltstore on social media.